Friday, June 7, 2013

The Waiting Game.

I was told we were looking at 2 houses yesterday, well God and my husband had other plants.  There was a second house near the first one that we looked at that he thought would be worth looking it.  House #1 yesterday...DISASTER, I mean it could be amazing but we don't have the time for that kind of amazing.  House #2 was awesome, livable (which is more than I could say about some that we have looked at) and as an added bonus the yard was huge and it had an above ground pool.  House #3 was a drive from where we were at and it was nice and had lots of income potential (rentals...ahhh my love/hate relationship with rental properties).

We had lots of time to talk and dream about our ideas for House #2.  Driving home after a long evening of looking at homes again we both decided that #2 we needed to try and get.  Well since my mind is going a million miles an hour right now I knew I needed to write this all down to document our journey.

Our realtor last night told us it wasn't a foreclosure and that actually a person owned it so now Jerry knew he had some wiggle room in the price.  Called this morning and made an offer.  Literally 30 minutes later we had a call back with a counter...which honestly was amazing to both of us because we put the mother of all low-ball offers in on this house.  Our theory is that we don't NEED to have the house so we won't pay more than a certain amount for it.  So because Jerry would never pay asking price for almost anything we put a second counter offer in...now we wait.

Challenging part for me is that Jerry is at work and I basically have to wait for phone calls or text messages.  Praying hard and knowing that God will provide all that we need and trusting in Him.  Excited to show you all the house...as soon as we get a YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment